Hello friends and happy August! It feels so weird to say that. It doesn’t feel like we are almost done with 2016. It’s almost as if the older you get, the faster time flies. Earlier today I was looking into 401k plans. I’m 19 but today I feel 90.
But let me pull the breaks on this before we get into an existential crisis together, okay?
It’s that time of month again, friends, and we are here to talk about goals. We all got them. We all have a love hate relationship with them. And today I’m gonna serve you mine on a silver platter – well, more like one with pink flowers because that’s how we do it around here ya’ll.
Let’s get started.
01. I want to get more involved with all of you! I try to comment back to everyone, but I definitely want to be more involved on this platform as a whole. I have met some very unique and lovely people while blogging here and it would be great to continue to connect with you all! I’m tired of just saying “thank you!” to people. It’s not okay. There’s no excuse for it. Let’s get to know each other, friends.
02. Begin a YouTube channel and start adding them into my blog posts. I’m pretty apprehensive about this one. I really am. But I’m going to speak this one into existence because if you don’t keep my accountable, I don’t know what will.
03. Take some time to write everyday for myself. Writing is a huge passion of mine, and I want to get back into the habit of writing outside of my blog. I’m excited!
04. More makeup/outfit posts. I definitely want to find some confidence and begin putting my face to my blog. You should know who’s writing the posts your reading!
05. Incorporate more workouts into my routine and try new recipes.
So now that we covered my hopes for the month, let’s get into the nitty gritty: My success (or lack there of) during July.
I didn’t learn SEO! Which I’m probably the most disappointed in, if I’m honest. It was my biggest goal of the month, and while I did research on the topic and took a lot of notes, I felt like I wasn’t ready and needed to learn more about it in depth before I began transitioning the practice into my own blogging habits. So I held off, but it’s on my August goals!
Social Media. Okay, so I actually have been using Twitter and Instagram more! Mostly instagram, if I’m honest. But I definitely have the intentions to grow and adapt more throughout all the sites. It’s definitely been a learning curve, but a fun one.
My “image”. In July, I told myself that I wanted to revamp my theme. And while I do have a new theme, I’m still in the works of getting my own domain, wordpress.net/self hosting, and a new theme. But I have done a ton of research, found the theme that I want, and have made some new savings/financial goals to help me get to where I want to be. As far as photos go, I have been working so hard to improve my blog photos! Honestly, I never thought that I would ever work so hard for photos. But I am, and I hope that its been showing throughout July! While I know that I have room to learn and improve, I can happily say that I’ve definitely grown over the past couple of months with my photos. So overall I’m pleased.
So that about wraps it up. The good, the bad, and the strange.
What are some goals you’ve set for yourself this month? I wanna know!
And as always, thanks for reading!