I don’t know about you, but my productivity levels deplete when the weather is dreary. Which is a bit strange, considering I absolutely love when it rains and snows. Seriously, it’s my favorite. But there’s nothing like spending a gray day inside, cozy, and relaxing. I feel like it’s permanently embedded in my brain that precipitation = relaxation.
And let me just fill you in on something: Baltimore has been so dreary lately, with constant rain. Which never really happens during the winter time. So in addition to the new year being damp, it has also been a slow-start. I’ve been surprisingly productive, but not as productive as I’d be if it wasn’t so incredibly freezing and wet.
But with that being said, I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. And you can only cuddle on the sofa in fuzzy socks and warm tea before you start to get a little cozy. So here we go: here’s your list of things to do when you’re bored and are in need of some entertainment.
- Have a spa day. I am sucker for a good at-home spa day routine. Light some candles, grab a book, throw some epsom salts or bath bombs in your bath, and have a good time. Extra points if you put on a mask before you hop in. Follow it up with a shave, some body butter for moisturizing, and a great skincare routine.
- Start something you’ve always wanted to begin, but never did.
- Yoga or meditation
- Invite some friends/family, and have a movie or game night. This is always a good time to tell them “PJ’s only!” and make a nice spread of snacks for them to enjoy.
- Organize your closet. Or, sort through all your clothes and find which you want to keep, throw out, or donate.
- Wash your makeup brushes
- Organize your
- Write some blog posts in advanced
- Take time to plan something. Whether it be upcoming blog posts, goals, workouts, an upcoming trip, a project, etc.
- Start reading a book you’ve been wanting to start
- Bake a sweet or cook a meal
- If you’re an extrovert and start to get a little antsy being stuck inside, try going to a coffee shop
- If you feel like your home is a bit cluttered, try downsizing by getting rid of some items
- Plan some outfits in advance for the upcoming week. Getting prepared is always nice!
- If you’re fairly new to blogging, take an opportunity to learn how to take photos in dimly lit scenes. This will come in handy!
- Call someone you haven’t spoke to in a while and catch up with them.
- Plan things to do when the weather is better (You can probably tell: I’m a huge planner & list maker)
- Paint your nails & toes a fun color – it will help bring a pop of life into your life
- If you’re in need of going out somewhere, try going to a museum or movie theater
- Take a look at some tasks you’ve been meaning to get done lately, but just haven’t had “enough time in the day to complete”. We’re all guilty of it. Now’s a great time to kick those tasks in the booty!
- If you’re someone who’s been wanting to get healthier, try cleaning out your kitchen and getting rid of anything unhealthy. Go the grocery store and get some fresh foods!
- This one goes hand in hand with #22, but maybe find some new recipes you want to try (whether it be through pinterest, or with cook books).
- Meal prep
- If you have a pet, try spending time with them. I have a pretty busy lifestyle, but on days where I’m the house with nothing to do, I love taking times to play with my dog, giver her treats, and give her & my cats any pampering they may need (bath, nail trims, haircut, etc).
- If you a special someone’s birthday is coming up, it may be a good time to online shop & find some gifts you think he/she would enjoy. It takes the hassle out later!