Hey friends! We are officially one month down in 2017 and my, does that still sound strange to say. I’ve never really been one for New Years Resolutions, if I’m honest. I’ve definitely noticed over the years that pressure is not the best of match for my mind. I tend to completely shy away and abandon a lot of projects or goals that I put too much pressure on.
So while I still have goals, I haven’t necessarily put a timeline on them or mandated that I stick to a strict lifestyle to achieve them. I’m more or so just trying to find myself and my passions, make memories, and get a little bit more strong along the way – both physically and mentally.
So with that being said, January was busy completing a lot of tasks that I’ve been meaning to get done, but while staying true to the “No Pressure” mindset I’ve been trying to instill into my daily routine.
I’ve noticed a slight change over the last couple of months in the content I want to create on here, and one of the small things I want to switch up is having some more slightly personal/lifestyle posts scattered here and there.
So I wanted to kick off the ending of January with a little post about all the amazing things that have happened throughout the month.
01. I discovered the direction of my career path. It’s been an exciting and amazing time.
02. I’ve started to incorporate healthier meals and more workouts into my routine. Again, pressure free!
03. I finally began tiling the back-splash to my kitchen! This has been a year in the making, friends. And it’s finally happening!
04. Speaking of our home, it’s been a year since we first moved in! I’m so unbelievably humbled and grateful for our little home.
05. I’ve began listening to my mind and body more. Instead of fighting my feelings, days where I feel worn down, etc. I work towards them. Knowing when to take a breather, when to push forward and get work done, and when I need time for just myself has been amazing. I’ve really learned more about myself this month than ever before.
06. I began the journey to a blog name-change (I was formally Kimberly Starr and now I’m becoming Bloom & Co.! More on that soon, I promise!)
07. I’ve grown way more productive than ever before – all the while not having too many stress mental-breakdowns which are, of course, a plus.
08. Tyler and I are now one step closer to our Seattle trip. I’m so excited to be visiting soon! This has been a goal of mine for a few years now.
09. I started (an am nearly finished) watching Gilmore Girls. It’s a game-changer, you guys. I watched the revival first – which made me really want to begin the show. And now I’ve even got Tyler interested in it. We watch an episode a night, and it has been so nice to have wind-down time watching a great show.
10. I’ve managed to let go of a lot of negativity, which probably has something to do with the fact that we are in a new year. I didn’t want to go another year letting the past effect me. So I’ve made a conscious effort to start eliminating negativity, and it has truly been working for me.
11. I’ve learned to appreciate time to myself.
What are some awesome things that have happened this month? What are some goals you have for February? Let me know in the comment section!
I know it has been a really crazy month for everyone as a whole, with all the events and such in the news. Please know that you’re not alone, your voice deserves to be heard, and you are amazing.