Hey friends! One of my favorite things about summer time is revamping my space to make it feel like my own little slice of sunshine – and I’m so excited to show you some staple piecs on my wishlist for my living room this season.
Lately, I’ve been really inspired by tropical pieces and colors, and I’ve been thinking about how I wanted to style my space for a few months now.
If you’re anything like me, your space is a direct reflection of your personality and you like to infuse fun, functional, and staple pieces into your home. When I walk in the door, I like to feel relaxed and like I can unwind, and nothing does that more than a space that is customized to my style – even down to the tea towels and dining room chairs.
I’ve started the re-decorating process with my living room first, as that’s where my partner and I spend a good amount of time, and where we entertain guests.
Let’s jump into the tropical vibes, shall we?
wire basket / cactus led light / blush pillow / Agate Book Holders / faux palm tree / Palm Pillow / pom pom basket / succulent wall decor / Moroccan-Style Pillow / Royal Blue Pullow / Circle Mirror Trio / Flamingo Pillow
Nothing is better than mixing natural pieces (like the amazing faux palm tree and the wired basket), with more chic pieces (the gold mirrors and plush pillows). And how amazing is that Moroccan pillow? I think the accents of royal blue really pull the whole look together.
Here’s some quick tips for decorating your home for summer:
01. Plan a color palette – 3 to 5 colors
02. Don’t be afraid to mix textures and patterns
03. Add a little luxury, add some natural elements, and add some fun color
04. Start with the statement/big pieces – like big artwork, furniture, statement pieces, etc. And then add in the details like candles, pillows, throw rugs, etc.
04. Keep a bit of white space to avoid clutter
05. Make use of your walls – prints, artwork, floating shelves, tapestries, hanging plants, anything!
06. Pick a statement rug to tie it all in together
07. Don’t forget to switch out your curtains for something new!
08. Don’t throw functional out the window – try and make proper use of the space if you can
09. Mood boards are your best friend
10. Don’t be afraid to decorate with faux plants if you can’t seem to keep plants alive. Not all faux plants are bad!